Application Procedure for Applicants who are not currently registered ITB Students
These instructions should be read carefully before completing an Online Application.
HOW TO APPLY ?
- Applicants can only apply online for all Full time add-on courses at ITB.
- You must complete all checklist items on the application form and click on Application is Complete.
- Once you have clicked on Application is Complete you should receive an acknowledgement letter, outlining the supporting documentation you need to supply to the Institute in order to assess your eligibility for the course you have applied (i.e. transcript of results)
- If you are applying for more than one course, a separate online application must be completed for each course.
WHAT MUST I DO NEXT ?
- An application is considered incomplete and no decision will be made by the Admissions Office until you submit transcripts of results. If transcripts are not received from the applicant, it will be assumed that you no longer wish to pursue the application. Please do not send original documents, as any documentation submitted will not be returned.
- Applicants who are due to take examinations in Summer 2012 must forward transcripts as soon as they become available.
- Applicants who have obtained a qualification outside the Republic of Ireland or the UK, are requested to obtain a letter from Qualifications Recognition (www.qualrec.ie) comparing their foreign qualification with an Irish qualification. Qualifications Recognition is the Irish centre that provides an information service that helps individuals compare their foreign qualifications with Irish qualifications on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (www.nfq.ie).
ITB regards this information as extremely important to verify the level of your award and enable the Institute to speedily make a determination on your eligibility for the course you have applied.
The qualification recognition service is free of charge. However assessment of a qualification may take a few weeks so it is advisable to apply at least 3 months before the start of the course.
Qualification Recognition can be contacted on 01 8871500 or www.qualrec.ie
- The Institute reserves the right to request applicants to attend for interview as part of the selection process. Failure to attend, if requested, will be interpreted as indicating that the applicant no longer wishes to pursue the application.
- Applicants with disabilities may require special facilities. Such applicants should our Student Services Office well in advance of submitting an application to discuss particular needs.
- The closing date for applications is 1st June for all courses. Applications received after the closing date will only be considered if there are places available.
WHERE DO I SEND MY COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS AND AWARDS ?
The Admissions Office,
Institute of Technology Blanchardstown,
Blanchardstown Road North,
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION ?
- If you have submitted all your supporting documentation the Institute will assess your application.
- Offers of places to qualified applicants will be made during July and August by email.
- If you have been made an offer you will be asked to confirm your acceptance by return email.
- A registration pack will sent to all successful applicants in August who have confirmed their acceptance.
The contents on this web page are for information purposes only and should not be viewed as the basis of a contract between an applicant and the Institute.
The Institute reserves the right to amend courses, fees or regulations at any time.
Courses will only commence if sufficient numbers of qualified applicants apply.