The login is your Student Id and no password
Please take time to read the relevant information below before exams commence
- You must present your valid ITB student card to gain access to all exam venues. If you have lost your student card, please order a new one now by clicking on this link here.
- Please take note of the Examination Regulations 3AS05 including a ban on the use of mobile phones and electronic devices in examination venues and for the duration of all examinations.
- Please take particular note of regulations 5. to 8. and 15. as extracted below. Students with any of the items prohibited in note 5. below will not be allowed into the examination venue.
- Wallets can be brought into the exam venue but should also be placed in your clear plastic bag. Clear plastic bags are required for mobile phones, pens, pencils etc. and will no longer be provided. You must bring your own clear plastic bag or purchase from the ITB shop for a nominal price.
- LOCKERS are available in A block, E block and F block as per 3SS25 “Use of Student Lockers”. Lockers can be selected for use on a first-come-first-served basis. There is no charge for the use of the locker. You must provide your own lock for your chosen locker. 32mm padlocks are recommended. Locks may be on sale in the Institute shop subject to availability.
Per Examination Regulations 3AS05 (extract)
- 5. Students must not bring into the examination venue, have in their possession, under their control, or within their reach:
i. Bags of any description (this includes large purses which are effectively bags and glasses cases).
ii. Any books or papers
iii. Electronic devices (including iPods, iPads, laptops, earphones etc.)
- 6.Students may bring into the examination venue pens, pencils, rulers as required for their exam provided that they are in a clear plastic bag. (Note that plastic bags will not be provided so students should bring their own or purchase from the ITB shop).
- 7. Mobile phones may be brought into the examination venue provided that they are switched off and placed under the desk in a clear plastic bag for the duration of the exam.
- 8. It will be considered an offence and a disciplinary matter to use or attempt to use a mobile phone or any other electronic device (including iPods, iPads, laptops, earphones) for the duration of the exam. Students found to be using or suspected of using mobile phones or any electronic device will be considered to be in breach of examination regulations and will be subject to disciplinary procedures. The mobile phone or other electronic device will be confiscated; an Institute official has the right to review any content which appears to be relevant based on section 2A (1)(d) of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. The mobile phone or electronic device will then be released. This could take a number of days.
- 15. Mathematical tables and calculators, if required, will be supplied. Calculators used in examinations will be non-programmable with a specification similar to a Sharp EL-520R, Sharp EL-520W, EL-520X Students are not permitted to carry personal calculators into the examination venue.
An email was sent to your ITB Student email account with a reminder of your PIN. If you have any difficulties accessing results, please ring the number below:
Student Information Desk on (01) 8851592
Accessing your results:
The"Student Guide to Viewing Exam Results"gives a step-by-step guide to viewing your examination results.
Exam Results consultation with lecturers :
Contact details for individual staff can be accessed here.
Viewing Scripts/Review Recheck of Modules
Viewing Scripts and Review/Recheck of examination results is only available after an official examination board meeting where results have been ratified. For most courses the examination board will take place in June 2015.
Students wishing to apply for a review/recheck of examination results are advised to read the procedure to be followed: Procedure to Apply for Review/Recheck
With effect from Autumn 2013, transcripts of ratified results are available as a secure electronic document. Hard copies of results will no longer be posted to students after each exam board. As soon as these electronic documents are processed students have the option of printing the transcript if necessary. You will need your student ID number (Bxxxxxxxx) and PIN to log in to the electronic document system.
If you did examinations since the Autumn 2013 exam session, you can access your secure electronic transcript by clicking here January 2015 examination results are provisional until after the examination board meetings in June 2015. Electronic Transcripts will be available for this academic year in July/August 2015.
Requesting a Duplicate Parchment, Transcript of Results or Single Subject Certificate
(Do not use this link if you are requesting transcripts for 2013/14 - See Electronic Transcripts above)
If your results were ratified before August 2013 and you have lost or misplaced the original paper transcript or parchment or single subject certificate, you may request and pay for a duplicate copy using our online system. ***Only use this facility where your results were ratified before the introduction of Electronic Transcripts/Grademailers (before Aug 2013)
To access the system click here
Application to retain Honours (or Merit/Distinction) award classification on exceptional grounds
This form is to be used by a learner when applying to an examination board for consideration to retain Honours (or Merit/Distinction) award classification on an exceptional basis.
For Application Criteria see section 12 of Academic programme assessment policy and procedure 3AS06
For Application form click 4FAS24
European Diploma Supplement
For details on European Diploma Supplement please click here
Embedded “Exit” award application
Students wishing to terminate their studies prior to the completion of an entire programme may, where a lesser award exists and having successfully completed the requisite number of NFQ level of credits apply for an exit award by completing form 4FAS23.
For example a Degree level 7 student having successfully completed years 1 and 2 and accumulated 120 credits may wish to apply for an exit award of a NFQ Level 6 Higher Certificate (if available).
This form is not to be used for students who wish to temporarily withdraw from a programme and return at a later date. Students who are awarded an exit award may not immediately register (within the next academic year) on any follow-on course to the course for which the exit award has been obtained.
For Exam related queries contact the Examinations Office:
Sinead Dunne: (01) 885 1042
Ann Brady: (01) 885 1573
Loretta Martin: (01) 885 1327
Susan King: (01) 885 1301