Autumn Examinations 2014
***** Online Application for Autumn Examinations is now closed. ****
You may however make a late application by :
- Downloading the paper application form and returning it to our Exams Office immediately.
- Exam fee payment must then be made online. To make a payment Click here
If you have made an application already but not yet paid the exam fee you must log into your account and pay €150 online. To make a payment Click here
The fee for application and payment for Autumn Examinations is now €150.
Examination results will be withheld where fees have not been paid
Autumn Exam Timetable
The login is your Student Id and no password.
Your Autumn Examination timetable displays all modules where you have any of the following grades: I, NP, F, D.
If you have not applied to repeat a D grade, you are not registered for it, and you may ignore it on your timetable.
If you have practical examinations, please check your login details and passwords are up to date.
Please take time to read the relevant information below before exams commence
- You must present your valid ITB student card to gain access to all exam venues. If you have lost your student card, please order a new one now by clicking on this link https://www.itb.ie/online/idcard.asp
- Please take note of the Examination Regulations 3AS05 including a ban on the use of mobile phones and electronic devices in examination venues and for the duration of all examinations.
- Please take particular note of regulations 5. to 8. and 15. as extracted below. Students with any of the items prohibited in note 5. below will not be allowed into the examination venue.
- Wallets can be brought into the exam venue but should also be placed in your clear plastic bag. Clear plastic bags are required for mobile phones, pens, pencils etc. and will no longer be provided. You must bring your own clear plastic bag or purchase from the ITB shop for a nominal price.
- LOCKERS are available in A block, E block and F block as per 3SS25 “Use of Student Lockers”. Lockers can be selected for use on a first-come-first-served basis. There is no charge for the use of the locker. You must provide your own lock for your chosen locker. 32mm padlocks are recommended. Locks may be on sale in the Institute shop subject to availability.
Per Examination Regulations 3AS05 (extract)
- 5. Students must not bring into the examination venue, have in their possession, under their control, or within their reach:
i. Bags of any description (this includes large purses which are effectively bags and glasses cases).
ii. Any books or papers
iii. Electronic devices (including iPods, iPads, laptops, earphones etc.)
- 6.Students may bring into the examination venue pens, pencils, rulers as required for their exam provided that they are in a clear plastic bag. (Note that plastic bags will not be provided so students should bring their own or purchase from the ITB shop).
- 7. Mobile phones may be brought into the examination venue provided that they are switched off and placed under the desk in a clear plastic bag for the duration of the exam.
- 8. It will be considered an offence and a disciplinary matter to use or attempt to use a mobile phone or any other electronic device (including iPods, iPads, laptops, earphones) for the duration of the exam. Students found to be using or suspected of using mobile phones or any electronic device will be considered to be in breach of examination regulations and will be subject to disciplinary procedures. The mobile phone or other electronic device will be confiscated; an Institute official has the right to review any content which appears to be relevant based on section 2A (1)(d) of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. The mobile phone or electronic device will then be released. This could take a number of days.
- 15. Mathematical tables and calculators, if required, will be supplied. Calculators used in examinations will be non-programmable with a specification similar to a Sharp EL-520R, Sharp EL-520W, EL-520X Students are not permitted to carry personal calculators into the examination venue.
If you have F (Fail) OR NP (Not Present) OR I (Deferred) grades OR a GPA of less than 2.00 you must apply by Friday 11th July 2014 to sit these in August 2014. It is necessary to apply for a module even where the Autumn assessment is by Project or Continuous Assessment only. You may be required to sit the written examination paper and/or some element of Continuous Assessment, as identified by the co-ordinator of the course. Details are available from the School Administrator.
Exam Results Update :
Accessing your results:
The Student Guide to Viewing Exam Results gives a step-by-step guide to viewing your examination results.
Exam Results consultation with lecturers :
Contact details for individual staff can be accessed here.
Viewing Examination Scripts:
The deadline for applying to view your exam script has now passed.
Please contact your relevant school office if you have any queries.
For the School of Informatics & Engineering phone Naomi on (01) 885 1081
For the school of Business & Humanities phone Olive on (01) 885 1061
Results review and/or recheck:
Applications for a review / recheck are now closed.
If you wish to Appeal the outcome of a result review/recheck Apply here. Please note applications will only be accepted from students who have received written confirmation of the result of a review/recheck.
Secure Electronic Transcripts of Examination Results
With effect from Autumn 2013, transcripts of ratified results are available as a secure electronic document. Hard copies of results will no longer be posted to students after each exam board. As soon as these electronic documents are processed students have the option of printing the transcript if necessary. You will need your student ID number (Bxxxxxxxx) and PIN to log in to the electronic document system.
If you did examinations since the Autumn 2013 exam session, you can access your secure electronic transcript by clicking here
Electronic Transcripts of results from June 2014 examination board are also available there.
Requesting a Duplicate Parchment, Transcript of Results or Single Subject Certificate
If your results were ratified before August 2013 and you have lost or misplaced the original paper transcript or parchment or single subject certificate, you may request and pay for a duplicate copy using our online system.
To access the system click here
Application to retain Honours (or Merit/Distinction) award classification on exceptional grounds
This form is to be used by a learner when applying to an examination board for consideration to retain Honours (or Merit/Distinction) award classification on an exceptional basis.
For Application Criteria see section 12 of Academic programme assessment policy and procedure 3AS06
For Application form click 4FAS24
European Diploma Supplement
For details on European Diploma Supplement please click here
Embedded “Exit” award application
Students wishing to terminate their studies prior to the completion of an entire programme may, where a lesser award exists and having successfully completed the requisite number of NFQ level of credits apply for an exit award by completing form 4FAS23.
For example a Degree level 7 student having successfully completed years 1 and 2 and accumulated 120 credits may wish to apply for an exit award of a NFQ Level 6 Higher Certificate (if available).
This form is not to be used for students who wish to temporarily withdraw from a programme and return at a later date. Students who are awarded an exit award may not immediately register (within the next academic year) on any follow-on course to the course for which the exit award has been obtained.
For Exam related queries contact :
Caroline Reid: (01) 885 1327
Ann Brady: (01) 885 1573
Sinead Dunne: (01) 885 1042
Apprentice Exam Results Term 3 June 2014